[nagdu] Would I ever give up having a dog?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 13:12:09 UTC 2015

Certainly a cane will give me certain information.  It will show
me that there's a certain texture on a sidewalk, that I'm at the
bottom or top of stairs, etc.  But when I want to find a
particular coffee shop on a block, (especially if I've been there
before), my dog will show me the door.  She will take me to an
empty seat on the bus, and she's already figured out what
"elevator" means.  She also brought me back to my table in the
restaurant when I went to the "Ladies".  Lol.  My cane will
certainly keep me from smacking into stuff, (it will smack into
stuff, I won't).  But there's an ease of movement that I love
with a dog.  I will say though, that when I do need to use a
cane, I have found my little NFB fold-up cane to be awesome.
It's my "fun" cane, because it's so lightweight and it folds up
so nicely.    Debby and Nova