[nagdu] the public and dog breeds

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:14:14 UTC 2015

Hi Pam,
My last guide was a doberman mix.  She is black with a rust mask on her face.  People would literally cross the street when we were out to get away from her.  And no, she was not doing anything scary just guiding me down the road.  People would say things like she is beautiful but looks protective.
My current guide is a yellow lab and people always want to pet her.  They are always asking questions about her and saying that she is beautiful.  One man asked me last week if I'd consider breeding her with his hunting lab.  LOL!  I had to explain that she is neutered, and that service dogs can't have puppies for obviously they can't work when pregnant and nursing.  She was previously used as a breeder for a backyard breeder who got sent to prison for other crimes, but the man saw her laying on her side and you can tell that she's had several litters, so I guess his question was not all that unreasonable... or something.
I do notice that my black dogs get a lot less attention than my blonde labs or goldens.
I plan to raise my next guide from puppyhood and it will be a golden.  I'm sure getting anywhere will be difficult because the only thing cuter than a grown up golden is a baby golden. SIGH!

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone