[nagdu] Krokus in ER

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 22 14:06:20 UTC 2015

Krokus is staying at the ER vet today.  When I got to work, he started
staggering, falling down,  and acting anxious.  One of my coworkers helped
me get a taxi and get him up to the emergency vet, which is also a big
animal hospital in NYC.  The vet thinks Krokus ate some marijuana.  I
didn't notice him diving for things this morning, but he could have got it
in the street when I relieved him.  The vet says pot toxicity cases are
pretty common in the city.  So Krokus is at the vet, getting IV fluids and
sleeping it off.  They're monitoring him to lookout for other symptoms, in
case it's something worse.  He might be ready to come home tonight, or he
might have to stay overnight.  They let me go back and visit him a minute,
and he seemed comfortable, with a tech nearby taking care of him, who
recognized his sweet nature.
So I'm back in my office, and it's really weird, not having a dog under my
desk.
Good thing I have a cane in my cubby, and my emergency folding cane in my
pack.
Please send good thoughts to my poor silly puppy.
Tracy