[nagdu] {Disarmed} Your Travel Through Orlando Airport

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:06:49 UTC 2015

Hi Marsha, as I understand it, they are required to check for
explosives, whether you have touched your dog going through the
metal detector or not.  What they say is that explosives leave a
residue on a person's hands.  What I haven't quite figured out is
why people with dogs would be automatically chosen to be checked
for explosives.  But that's the way it goes.  Lately TSA has been
really hit hard for missing things, they failed like 73% of the
time during a test period.  So I'm imagining that security will
be even tighter.  I do think that TSA (like many other agencies
and departments), needs more training about disabilities.  But it
is doubtful that they will do that.  Everything comes down to
money in these times.  I'm not sure what to suggest regarding not
hearing what the TSA people are saying.  Perhaps if you can get
the attention of one specific person at the beginning of the
process, they will let others know? I'm just not sure.  Wish I
had a better answer for that.    Peace,    Debby