[nagdu] Appreciating my dog

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Mon Jun 22 18:32:40 UTC 2015

First of all, I am so sorry about Crocus, Tracey, and hope he'll be better
soon.
Yes, it sometimes takes me using a cane to appreciate what my pup does for
me, things which I will enumerate in another post if you like--lol.
But sometimes I have to be figuratively hit over the head to realize what my
dog is doing for me
When doing grad work in Japan, 2002, .
 There was p a strip of road during the walk from dorm to subway where it
seemed to me that my Evan was dawdling.
I wanted a sighted person to look at what was happening so I got one of my
fellow students from the dorm, a guy from Greece with  a very good mastery
of English though a rather off-putting accent--lol.
So my writing what he says won't quite mimic the rather serious tone he put
in to the  dialogue I'm going to tell you about or the accent.

I said "so, Dimitris, what is going on on this street, Evan keeps stopping
and what is it, he's looking around oor being distracted or something"

Dimitris "come on, I'll tell you what is happening, these stupid people with
bicycles keep going buy and he's stopping so they won't hit you".
Yes indeed, in down town Yokohama there were a lot of bike-riders and the
first day I was there I was hit by one, but after that experience, it seems
that Evan learned never to let it happen again.  Honestly with my hearing
deficit I couldn't hear the things rolling by.

Good luck and warm greetings to all.

Dan W. and the Parker Hound

dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net