[nagdu] Soft muzzle

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue Jun 30 23:09:27 UTC 2015

Hey, Tracy,

The soft muzzle is a cloth band that fits over the dog's muzzle to
prevent the mouth from opening too much while still allowing the dog to
eat and drink. So I don't think it would help with scavenging. We used
it for Daisy for going to the vet and other places where her fear
aggression could have gotten her in trouble as well as to work on her
barking. It also helped calm her down so we could work with her to calm
her, so that was a plus. But I think for scavenging a basket muzzle
would be the type to use. Is there a pet store or somewhere you can try
them out to get the right fit?

I like the idea more and more of giving him something to carry in that
busy mouth of his. Loki likes carrying a ball around the yard, although
I think he puts it down to relieve, then picks it up again. He even
likes to carry one ball while chasing the ball I'm kicking or throwing.
Maybe he thinks he's a retriever? Even if Krokus puts his treasure down
and picks it up again, that's a more useful channel for his retrieving
needs than whatever is on the ground.

Tami