[nagdu] Fw: Proposed Act Regarding Service Dogs from the state of Maine.

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Mar 1 23:49:39 UTC 2015

I did a little research and here is what I think is going on here.
Many states require everyone to purchase a yearly tag to own a dog.
Many states allow people who own service dogs to register them as a
service animal and there is no annual fee involved.  It is not
mandatory that anyone register a service animal as such, but if you do
not, then you need to pay for the dog tag every year.  If you want to
register your dog in the state of Maine as a service animal and avoid
paying the annual tag fee then you must have proof it is a service
animal.  No one can just claim it as such.  If this is the case, then
I don't have a problem with the proposed change to the law. I think we
need to gather more information before we react to this proposed
change.  If I am wrong then I will also be against this legislation.

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053