[nagdu] Fw: Proposed Act Regarding Service Dogs from the state of Maine.

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 00:26:21 UTC 2015

I was about to say something like that as well. It would put more
restrictions on any person with a disability who has a service animal than
other people with disabilities. Under the ADA, a service dog isn't a dog,
it's a mobility tool. So, should people who use wheelchairs or walkers or a
good old white cane have to have certification of some sort? I know that
probably sounds ludicrous, but it has potential to create an us an them
thing when one group is forced to have some kind of special ID while another
is not. And I would never support that. But then I wouldn't support some
sort of national certification for all people with disabilities. It's a
slippery slope.

Sherry