[nagdu] Fw: Proposed Act Regarding Service Dogs from the stateof Maine.

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 05:06:04 UTC 2015

I understand what you're saying Michael, but sighted people get
drivers' licenses.  They don't see it as being "treated
differently".  Maybe cane users should have to pass some kind of
certification, too.  (Smile).  I sure have known my share of bad
cane users.  Some of them actually put themselves and others in
danger every day.  I'm being a little tongue in cheek here, but
what I am saying is that we should be the ones figuring this out.
So we need to throw ideas out there, bad or good.  I think making
penalties for people faking having a disability and making them
severe enough to really matter might go a long way to help.  Also
our society has this really weird attitude about disability.
Either alb of us, blind and with other disabilities are to be
pitied above all people or we are "super humans".  I know that
blind folks, at least since 1940 have been trying to educate the
public about blindness, but it sometimes doesn't feel like we've
gotten very far.  So I'm not saying that a national "license" or
whatever is the best idea, but at least I'm not burying my head
in the sand and pretending that some kind of regulation won't
happen.    Peace,    Debby with Neena