[nagdu] pets on a train

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 06:23:48 UTC 2015

This is not a first by any stretch. There are many places throughout
the United States that already allow pets, large and small, on public
transportation.
Check it out
http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/newsletters/features/transportation.shtml

This move by Amtrak is a step in the right direction. People will be
expected to keep their pets in check by Amtrak and one another, and
the people who have animals with foul behavior can be removed or
penalized. Also, people have to pay for their pets, it's not like you
can just walk on. Let me know if I got that wrong.
Hopefully, businesses other than public transport will start making
these allowances. I mean businesses outside of dog-friendly
communities -- Wal Mart, Target -- businesses like that. There's no
reason not to hold people to reasonable standards and high
expectations when it comes to bringing their pets out with them.
Observing people in dog-friendly communities, most people do a very
good job of keeping their animals in check. It's not just the
businesses people are worried about offending, but other pet owners.
If your dog does something in a business, you could ruin it for
everyone. If your dog is a nut job while other people's dogs are
well-behaved, it makes you look bad. And so you don't want to be that
person -- that person with the noisy dog, that person with the
foul-smelling dog, with the dog that is out of control, with the dog
that gets up in everybody else's business, that person who doesn't
clean up behind their dog. So you are respectful and keep your pet
respectable to be unoffensive and to keep from being embarrassed.
These are unspoken rules that naturally arise out of simply giving
people this freedom.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs