[nagdu] Dog bonding

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:43:06 UTC 2015

Hi Elise,
If you have had a household meeting and explained the rules and answered
questions, and if you are not getting support, try another meeting and
calling your school to have them verify the correctness and importance of
your requests. If this doesn't work, then my recommendation (and I know this
is harsh) is that you move. Nothing can destroy the possibility of greater
independence offered by a guide dog than a home environment in which the
blind handler is not respected. My guess is that there are other ways in
which they are holding you back as well. I have seen people ripped apart by
this issue, but it's your life and you may have to make your choice -
independence or familiarity.
Donna