[nagdu] Dealing with dog hair

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 00:51:06 UTC 2015

Goldens are maximum shedders, and I invested in some real grooming
tools after I learned that a slicker brush and a basic comb will not
get the job done.
During shedding season, brushing and combing are insufficient for
removing all the dead fur. For the Golden Guy, I have a rake for his
fur that does a great job at removing dead hair. It works better than
the FurMinator in my experience. The rake I have has 2 rows of teeth.
The inner row of teeth, closer to the handle, has short teeth for the
top coat, and the outer row, away from the handle, has long teeth for
the under coat. With a few days of raking, I am able to remove all the
dead fur that would take a couple weeks to shed out otherwise.
Here's a link for the rake I use.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006349TY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also rake and brush the Golden Guy everyday, just because I prefer
the rake over the comb.
Giving your dog a bath will help all the dead fur come out, too.
I vacuum the house twice a week to keep the fur on the floor in check.
For my clothes, I have a few tools. The Sticky Buddy and a rubber
brush. The Sticky Buddy can be found on Amazon, and it is essentially
a washable lent roller. Rather than fussing with peeling off the used
layer of a lent roller, you can just rinse off the Sticky Buddy and
let it air dry. The best thing is that the set comes with a small,
medium, and large Sticky Buddy -- one for your purse or on-the-go, one
for the bathroom or at-home use on clothing, and the larger one can be
used on floors or furniture. The rubber brush is from flylady.net, and
is a brush with long rubber bristles on the face, and shorter bristles
on the sides for scraping hair off clothes and furniture.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs