[nagdu] Administering topical medication

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:47:25 UTC 2015

I am asking for suggestions. I am totally blind and in this case, it
matters. My guide dog Bailey has a lesion on her lower eyelid growing up
onto the eyeball. The vet, an animal ophthalmologist, sent a biopsy out for
pathology, but while we await the results, he gave me some medicine, some
ointment that must be applied on her lower lid and eyeball. It is a very
small amount, about the size of a grain of rice to be applied both places 3
times a day. I have had to rely on my daughter and son to do this, as I
cannot think of a way it would be possible for me to apply the ointment. If
I were by myself, I honestly don't know how I would accomplish this task
besides having a friend come over to do it. Any suggestions would be
welcome.

Sherri