[nagdu] When keeping you safe leads into distractions

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:40:10 UTC 2015

Daryl,
If your dog is so distracted you can't get her back on track, wait
things out if you don't feel confident taking the wheel, so to speak.
There are times when I have to do some steering if the Golden Guy is
too distracted. But if I am unsure on route or unfamiliar with the
route, I stop moving and wait the distraction out until the Golden Guy
can focus again.
Good that you realized your mistake. We all goof up, especially when
distractions are around and we just want to move on from it.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs