[nagdu] The vet visit

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 17 14:16:11 UTC 2015

Hey Cindy,

I am greatly encouraged by this morning's walk.  Jenny has had two doses each of the Benedril and the antibiotic for the bladder infection.  Jenny was still slightly sniffy and scavengy, but overal was MUCH more focused than she has been the past week or two.  She did look around at people approaching the bus stop, but it was more like her usual glance-over, rather than her doggie-stare.

We will see how this afternoon goes; I have noticed a slight pattern that the brighter it is outside (sunny, etc.) the more intense her reactions have been.

Crossing fingers!

Daryl

----- Original Message ----- From: Cindy Ray <cindyray at gmail.com> To: 'Daryl Marie' <crazymusician at shaw.ca>, 'NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users' <nagdu at nfbnet.org> Sent: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:59:30 -0600 (MDT) Subject: RE: [nagdu] The vet visit  Daryl, I hope these measures will make a big difference for you. It is frustrating to have a barking dog. Fisher only barks at other dogs mostly so I know his issues. Cindy  -----Original Message----- From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Daryl Marie via nagdu Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 9:52 PM To: nagdu at nfbnet.org Subject: [nagdu] The vet visit So Jenny's barking at people on her left was REALLY bad today *sighs* This seems to only be outside and/or when she is resting or sitting down. Figured enough was enough and took her to the vet today. There is nothing overtly problematic with her eyes, but she is incredibly itchy, and has been scratching the left side of her face; the vet did notice a slight discoloration, and Jenny obliged by scratching three times in a fifteen-minute period. We also got a blood workup done to see if there is something internally wrong, and think we may have found the early stages of a bladder infection. So, long story short, she is on benedril twice a day for a couple of days to see if that helps with the itchies; she is also on an antibiotic for two weeks to see if that clears up the bladder infection. The medical stuff may or may not cause the barking, but there IS something medically up with my dog. It does stand to reason that the sharp increase in barking is in direct correlation with the onset of the spring thaw. It isn't overly serious, I suppose, but it would be awesome if that takes the edge off! Wish us luck! Daryl _______________________________________________ nagdu mailing list nagdu at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nagdu_nfbnet.org To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nagdu: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/cindyray%40gmail.com