[nagdu] collars

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:32:21 UTC 2015

Guiding Eyes in New York issues their dogs with a slip collar as the
working collar, also called a slip chain, or less favorably a choke
chain. Students are also given a half-check collar that slides over
the head, which is for use during down time, or time spent on the tie
down.
>From my understanding, the slip chain is less popular among guide dog
schools outside the US. To my knowledge, Guide Dogs for the Blind in
California issues some of their dogs with half-check collars.
Hopefully, some GDB grads will chime in here.
I personally retired the slip chain and half-check collars, and choose
to use a nylon buckle collar on my dog whether he is working or
playing. I see no need for a correction collar because I don't use
leash corrections.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs