[nagdu] loves working, but hates work!

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:55:41 UTC 2015

Good Morning,
I'm hoping to pick y'all's brains on an issue I'm having with Soleil, that I've not had with any other dog.
She loves working, Is excited for the harness, and goes at a great speed— fast— and with a nice firm pull.
Except...
for the last 2 blocks before I get to my office in the morning.  We walk between a mile to three miles before work daily, depending on if we take the fixed route bus or walk the whole way, then we walk that same amount after work, plus we frequently do canicross and or bikejoring/scooterjoring in addition.  So she's not lacking in exercise.
But the 2 blocks before work, she goes at a crawl!  I mean my grandma could outwalk her.
I cannot change up the route of those last 2 blocks because my office is on the levee so is bordered by warehouses etc.  This is the only way to get to work on these last 2 blocks.
I've tried cheerleading her along, and stopping for a break and getting her all amped up, and nothing!  Once we arrive at work, she seems happy, but those last 2 blocks are torture.
She's a lab, so I've thought of bringing out my treat pouch, but am open to suggestions.  I will not correct her for it because even if she were trained with this method, it would just slow her down even more, because that's just how she is.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil