[nagdu] A Minor setback

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 20 18:59:49 UTC 2015

Hey, guys!

Jenny was off the Benadryl for just over 24 hours when I noticed she started frequently scratching at her face.  When I took her out at 11AM to relieve, she let out a bark at someone passing on her left side.  It was a bit of a challenge to get her to refocus.  I called both the guide dog school and the vet.  The vet recommended putting her back on the Benadryl.  I will put her on 1 tablet a day and see how that works; she has a followup visit on Mar 31, where the vet will do another check.

I am a bit disappointed, but allergies this spring seem to be really really bad, and she did have reactions to last spring's melt, too.

Thanks for listeing to my success and setbacks with this; few things are scarier than having a dog completely inexplicably acting out and no reason why.

Daryl