[nagdu] Tax deductions for dog food cost

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:55:15 UTC 2015

Hi Raven, you can deduct the food as a medical expense, yup, you
read me right, but only if you normally itemize your deductions,
and only if all of your other medical expenses that you have had
to pay exceed a certain percentage of your adjusted gross income.
You might go online and I think it's Publication 502, but I could
be wrong.  I can't believe I still remember as much of this stuff
as I do.  Lol.  You could deduct vet costs also.  And other costs
that you have incurred over the year for your dog.  But if you
don't have enough other deductions you won't be able to do so.
Hope this helps.    Peace,    Debby