[nagdu] Tax deductions for dog food cost

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:08:39 UTC 2015

I believe the percentage is 10% of your gross income to claim the guide dog expenses as medical expenses.

You might also  be able treat your dog as a work related expense related to your disability. In that case, I don’t think there is a specific amount to meet, just the need to itemize and have enough deductions to make it worth your while. You’ll need to check with whoever prepares your taxes on the specifics of that one and whether it works for you.

Best,
Greg