[nagdu] Pickup The Poop

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 05:27:24 UTC 2015

Ah, the old “double deuce.” If I notice my dog going in for a second drop while I’m picking up the first, I try and point my second foot at the second drop point, as long as it is less than 180 degrees around the circle. That at least gives me a good starting point for the search. Having the dog sit is probably a better solution.

As for the standard single drop, once I find the goods, I sweep my bag hand out in a spiral for a couple of feet, just to make sure I got everything. My dog often takes a small step or two while making his delivery and moving back along the direction he came from often yields extra treasures.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t worry about it, but it isn’t only blind people who miss picking up poop. There are tons of dogs in my apartment complex and occasionally when I’m picking up after my dog, I’ll find the remnants of offerings left by other dogs.

Just do your best and rely on friendly neighbors to let you know when you need to improve your technique. :)

Best,
Greg