[nagdu] Relieving harness question, was Re: Pickup The Poop

Lori Dent RECENT
Thu Mar 26 03:31:41 UTC 2015

Hi Vivianna and all,

Like I said in my previous post I was taught to clean up after my dogs and I
always have bags with me at all times. I have bags in a small container on
my purse, or in my pocket  or in my coat or jacket so I'm never without bags
to pick up after my dog. I live in an apartment complex and  which does
allow  dogs. I always clean up after my dog when he goes out and does his
business.There's a few people who live in my apartment complex  who also
pick up after their dogs and their sighted. But theirs a lot of people in my
apartment complex who are college students who have dogs and their sighted
and don't pick up after their dogs.

These college students will  let their dog  poop where ever it likes and
then walk away and not pick up after their dog. I have stepped in someone
else's dog poop too many times to count because the owners of these dogs
feel that they don't have to pick up after their dogs and these people are
clearly irresponsible dog owners and in my opinion they shouldn't own a dog
if they can't be responsible enough to clean up after their dogs.  When I
take Gipp out to do his business he's always on leash.

There's  been times when we've found dog poop left on the sidewalk here in
my apartment complex  because some irresponsible dog owner couldn't be
bothered with picking up after their dog. After all it  isn't hard to learn
how to pick up after ones dog.

Now if I go over to my parent's house I always have bags with me and I
always pick up after my dog no matter what because I'm a responsible guide
dog user and owner and it's the right thing to do. I've been told several
times by my dad   you don't have to worry about picking up after the dog and
I said I'm going to pick up after my dog because it's the right thing to do
. My parents don't  up after their dogs but that's their choice  and their
home. I have a certain area at my parents house where I relieve Gipp at
seperat from where she takes her dogs and after my dog goes poop, I always
pick up. There's nothing werse than stepping in dog poop . Take care.

Lori and the Gipper