[nagdu] tie downs

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Mar 26 17:49:55 UTC 2015

A "bed chain" was a standard piece supplied by Seeing Eye from before I got
my first dog in 1972. It is about a meter long, has a standard leish clip on
one end, and a 2cm metal ring on the other. You can hook it to a ring screw
set in the floor or wall, or to the metal rail which is on both sides of
your bed. you loop the chain around the rail or thru the ring, and then feed
the catcch thru the ring.

When my second dog was new (a week or so), I kept him tied down in the
dining room, insight of the living room and kitchen, when he was not in
active use. SE recommended this for the first two weeks until he got used to
your home, and its routines. My wife's cat walked thru the dining room, and
the dog leaped to play with her. He leaped with such force that the SE chain
broke. In a pet store we bought a metal chain leash and used that in the
dining room on the same screw ring. Just like with the bed chain, I fed the
dog-collar end thru the wall ring, then thru the metal ring which held the
hand loop, and attached it to the dog's collar. It, too, was about a meter
long, maybe a bit longer than the bed chain, and worked fine with my later
dogs while they got acclimated to our home.

Ed Meskys