[nagdu] Free running (was: Pickup The Poop)

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:01:06 UTC 2015

It seems as if free running is much more common in Europe than in the
US. I have only ever allowed my dog to free run once in a semi-closed
area, bordered partially by a fence and partially by a lake. I don't
think I would ever let my dog free run if there were not water
involved (the retractable leash would not have worked too well covered
in sand and water). I do occasionally allow my dog to run in fenced
areas. I don't have a fenced in yard so my dog is basically only
allowed offleash on my deck. Some dogs are more trustworthy than
others at recall. My dog would probably be less excited offleash if he
experienced it more often but there is no areas which I feel are safe
enough nearby.

Danielle and Thai