[nagdu] Ownership and Guide Dog School Contracts

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 23:06:17 UTC 2015

Hello:

I just thought of something.  Instead of just complaining about the school
contracts we don’t like, why don’t we put our heads together and figure out
how to fix the problem.  What can we do to ease the schools fears and get
unconditional ownership?  Can we help them come with a plan to use when it
is necessary for their intervention?  They definitely cannot depend on local
law enforcement and animal control because they are too afraid to take a dog
away from a disabled person.  What can we do to change their attitudes?  Any
trainer and school is going to be concerned about how their dogs are worked
and treated after graduation.  What can we do to reassure them?  Maybe there
has to be more discussion with the schools in order to come up with
contracts that will please us and satisfy the schools.  Just a thought.
Forgive me if NAGDU has done this already, I’ve only been an NFB member for
a few months. .

Sandra and Eva