[nagdu] Customer satisfaction & Supposed Facts about SEGDI

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 16:58:15 UTC 2015

I agree with Sandra. Law enforcement does not seem to understand a person with a disability can abuse a dog. I see someone hit there service dog. No one does anything. I would love to report it. Who do I tell. This was a real problem.
Then we ask who will misread a leash correction? We all have different ways. I use the time out, verbal redirection, and leash correction when a raid issue of sniffing or scavenging occurs. I don't enough consistency with one problem which is great but, Paulson picks his problem here and there.
It's like some days this month it could be a park on rout. I hate that because it throws my balance off even more then it is. He will straitened up and be good for a while and some day he will be on a sniffing role. My point being everyone uses every technique they know works for there dog. I love Paulson but, I have to highlight he is not perfect.
I feel like some guide dog handlers and programs look for this cookie cutter approach that does not exist. This is why we have different methods.
I think the best thing we could do is explain the different techniques that exist to both businesses and law enforcement. We can tell them it is not a one size fits all approach.
I think issues of abuse like leaving a guide dog unattended at a restaurant table can be brought to the attention of law enforcement. Although the person is not smacking their dog upside the head they are neglecting their dog under the table and abusing the ADA.
I wonder how does this apply to other service dogs. If Suzy has a medical alert dog for whatever and goes to the mall. She wants to try something on in the store and leaves her dog on the bench outside her dressing room. The dog is left sitting there. No one says anything.
I bring this example up because I've seen it happen.
Nor to mention the sales associates and managers think they can harass you  about your working dog and disability. Law enforcement isn't involved but believe me everyone seems to be. The last time I knew there were no service dog ADA enforcer running around town. If there was there wouldn't be all these fakers. I sure think the enforcers should be law enforcement not a sales associate at Target.
  Bridget

Sent from my iPad

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/taiablas%40gmail.co