[nagdu] More about Bringing Our animals to the Zoo

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu May 7 14:07:49 UTC 2015

Tara,

	One of the elements of this work is to teach zookeepers how to
desensitize their animals to the presence of dogs so that disabled people
accompanied by their service dogs will have the most optimum experience
available. The Lowry Park zoo where we will be working this Saturday has
already done this with most of their animals, including their big cats. The
purpose of the grant will be to teach other zoos how this can be done and to
employ the resources of our membership to help it happen.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)
President at nagdu.org
http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!