[nagdu] offleash dogs

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:18:54 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I posted not too long ago about my dog's reactivity toward other dogs.
Although he is definitely improving, the problem has not entirely gone
away. In the past few months, I have encountered many offleash dogs
who were not under control, something I experienced only extremely
rarely in previous years. Obviously, this is dangerous for not only my
dog who has grown suspicious of offleash dogs, but the loose dogs
themselves can be seriously injured. The owners of these dogs have
reactions ranging from being oblivious that there dog is gone,
watching their dog growl and show its teeth inches from my dogs face,
to coming over and getting their animal.

I'm really not completely sure how to prevent this from happening.
Obviously, I only have complete control of my own dog, but I would
like to find a way to make these dog owners more responsible. I'm
interested to see what others have done in similar situations.

Danielle and Thai