[nagdu] I encountered a fake service dog today.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat May 9 22:51:47 UTC 2015

This reminds me of a Wal-Mart episode from a few weeks ago.  Really we need
a super Target in this town or something.  anyway, there was a little kid
shopping with his Dad.   When the kid first saw Monty he was all, "doggie
doggie." like all the other kids.  Then in the next aisle we passed him
again and the kid was on to, "why does that lady have a dog in the store?"
and the dad explained that it is a helper dog.  We go our separate ways
until a few aisles later and the kid is asking his Dad for a helper dog.
the dad responds that the kid doesn't need a helper dog.  We finally get to
the frozen section, which is near the end of the shopping trip.  the kid is
really wound up by this point, interrogating his dad about why they don't
need a helper dog.  Personally I found the whole exchange amusing and
interesting.

I'm not sure if the dad was squeamish about talking about blindness or
disabilities or if he did and I just missed it.   It could have been a long
day already and he didn't have any more patience for any more discussions.
The kid seemed the type to have a future career in used car sales.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC
Visit my new website on developing courage and living authentically:
http://www.falling-up.com