[nagdu] OT: Huber

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue May 12 10:18:36 UTC 2015

Chaim,

	I realize my reply may not be very timely. It is true that those who
drive a vehicle for compensation and other such commercial purposes are
required to have a commercial driver license. It is also true that those who
offer their services as a taxicab are required to comply with the rules set
forth by the regulatory agency that licenses such operations. Uber and Lyft
contend they are not taxis but a technology company. Their "partners" as
they call them are not taxicabs but ride-sharing agents, As stated by the
director of the Hillsborough County (Tampa, Fla.) Public Transportation
Commission, if you pick someone up, take them somewhere, and charge them to
do so, you are a taxicab, no matter what they choose to call it!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala