[nagdu] Coughing?

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Fri May 15 17:06:07 UTC 2015

Daryl,

A dry cough like that can also indicate stomach upset and acid reflux
that irritates the esophagus. It can also happen for awhile after the
dog has thrown up if the esophagus was irritated.  Mitzi tends towards
acid reflux, so I've learned to recognize the particular cough in her
and give her a Pepcid if she starts up.

It could as easily be the dust or dry air or ...

If it keeps up, it might be time to check with the vet, especially if
she starts showing other symptoms or if she starts coughing harder.

Hope she's okay!

Tami