[nagdu] males and females

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri May 22 17:15:02 UTC 2015

Hello:

My opinion is based on my 40 years of working  my own dog and observing
other guide dogs.  I have worked males and females.  I prefer females.  The
males tend to be larger and stronger than females.  Also, I found some male
dog behaviors undesirable.  , The males want to lift their leg on everything
and I hate it when they peee on my shoes.  My second male had a serious bad
habit of wanting to hump everything including corners of furniture other
dogs and people.  Both males were large, very strong, difficult to control.
This resulted in me having hand, arm, elbow, shoulder and back problems.
For 15 years working a guide dog was a difficult struggle leaving me in
constant pain.  For the past twenty five years, I've refused to accept a
male dog.  I've enjoyed the        female smaller size, and gentle
temperament.

Sandra and Eva