[nagdu] returning of guide dog

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Fri May 22 23:16:07 UTC 2015

Hi John:

I am sorry to hear this.  You only had her home for a few months.  I am
sorry you gave up so soon.  Maybe this is just not the right time for you to
take on working with a guide dog.  In all your posts, you mention Molly's
age.  I have to say, age isn't the issue.  There are lots of very young dogs
who graduate and work out great.  I know, I graduated from Pilot when Eva
was fourteen months old and our adjustment was fantastic.  Eva's behavior is
excellent and her work is great.  If you do decide to get another dog, you
should be firm that you want an older dog.  However, remember that will not
guaranty everything will be easy and smooth.  Age isn't the issue, it is
good obedience and control as you and the dog work together.  Good luck.

Sandra and Eva