[nagdu] Uber and the ADA

Jeff Crouch- k8tvv k8tvv2 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:39:46 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have also experienced trouble with uber. This has happened more than once.
My first time was when I was in DC for Washington simunar and we were
leaving the capital and our small group was getting in to the van,
once it was my turn I went to load Benson in and the driver forcefully
grabbed Bensons leash and pulled him back. I still had control, but
Benny was almost hit because the driver was forcing me to get in on
the road side even know I told him that I wanted to get in on the curb
side and I was walking to the curb side and that is when he came and
grabbed me and took me to the road side. Once benson's leash was
grabbed by the driver I yelled at the driver for doing that. Benny has
been a bit nervice when he gets to close to the edge of a road when
were walking but he is starting to get over it now.
The second time was when a friend and myself wer leaving a business
and it was late at night and the driver started to refuse to take
benny and myself and my friend, and I told the driver that he has to
take my guide dog, well after about 10 minutes of standing out in the
10 degree weather the guy finally gave in, but that didn't stop the
hole spew of complaining that we had to indoore on the 15 minute ride
back home.

thanks

--
American RedCross Disaster Service Technology Volunteer
President of the Genesee County chapter of the NFB of Michigan