[nagdu] Uber and the ADA

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue May 26 13:21:01 UTC 2015

At least here in Erie, the advantage of Uber is that you know when your ride is coming. Not so with our cab company. Our cab company may say "Any time within blah blah blah", and it could be 5 minutes or could be an hour or more. You may or may not be able to schedule a cab for a specific time, but they only have a certain number of slots. With Uber, you know how far away your ride is and when it comes, at least. Oh, and as for the often sited taxi regulation, I don't know about anywhere else, but several of our cabs are barely roadworthy. You have to slam doors, sometimes the inside door panels are loose, some of them sound like they're running on their last legs. And then, they've been operating their radio system on a license that's been expired for three years.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name