[nagdu] Jenny update

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed May 27 15:36:01 UTC 2015

Hey, guys!
Thanks to those who've listened to my obsessing on twitter about Jenny's allergies + barking issue.  It has gotten better in general, or maybe it's just been going on so long that I'm just more used to dealing with it...

THE GOOD: we've hadNO in-harness barking in nearly two months, since her allergies were mitigated with VanEctylP, her ears were cleaned daily (whether from dirt or allergies, I still don't know). Even on days she's holding her ears like they hurt, Rescue remedy has helped take most of the edge off.  Unfortunately, we're still dealing with incredibly dry weather, so I don't know where allergies end and dry skin begins.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD: Jenny has been barking on approach from coworkers on those days where her ears are sore (SUPER high pressure, my own ears hurt). It's like she wants to show them she's hurt, and she trusts them enough to let them take care of her.  On the plus side of this, I have seen improvement, even on bad days, with an extra dose of Rescue Remedy. I've also found, even at home if she's barking, I'll say "Hey, hey" and either the words or the tone quiet her down. My coworkers have been a bit mystified by all this, but have handled it well.

OTHER UPDATES: That goose from last year is back! Either that, or it's a new goose. Either way, we have a goose! It hissed at us for half a block, but Jenny ignored it completely!

Hope all is well!

Daryl