[nagdu] Mambo update

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Fri May 29 15:00:18 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I wanted to update you on Mambo's progress. As you may recall, he showed fear of traffic and loud noises when he first came home. I do live on a busy street, with narrow sidewalks and the traffic being right next to you. I got some great advice from some lists I am on and from the trainers at Guide Dogs for the Blind about some things to try, which seemed to help immensely! With daily walks, he has really improved, but still startles at times. Earlier this week, I had a follow-up visit from GDB. It had been scheduled for a while, and I wanted to make sure that we were safe. On our walk, Mambo did really well. He still did startle at some noises and vehicles, but nothing like it was. The important thing is that he has a quick recovery, he gets startled and then gets right back to work.
The trainer said that I am a really good handler and that she was very impressed with our work. She says we look like we've been together a lot longer than 2 months! I feel the same way, I am just so happy that he is working out so well. He has a strong work ethic and loves his job. We still have a few kinks to work out, but I am just so happy!
Deanna and Mambo

--
This email was Virus checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system