[nagdu] Krokus's vet visit, or, what a disgrace

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 29 17:24:43 UTC 2015

Krokus has a small lump on his neck I wanted to have checked out, and I
decided to try a new vet who's much closer than our usual, though the hours
aren't as good.  The lump is a sebaceous cyst, which is what I thought.
Probably not a problem at all.

Krokus was ridiculous, though.  When we came out of the consulting room, he
made a little move so he could stick his nose in the receptionist's lunch
bag, though he didn't get any.  Then when I was standing on the other side
of the desk waiting to hear how much it would be, he knocked over a stand
with some pamphlets on it.  Well, pamphlets and dog cookies, so he knew what
he was after.  Then the tech gave him a cookie before I could stop her.
Then he started going down a hallway, instead of turning to go out the door,
though, to be fair, I didn't know where it was to give him any better
direction than Outside.  When we found the door, the receptionist says "So
he's not a service dog."  Huh.  He is a service dog, but on that visit he
was a disgrace to his uniform. My husband and I both said he is a service
dog, then she asked where he was trained, and my husband said "The Seeing
Eye."  I was tempted to say he was from somewhere else.

Happily, we were able to take a long walk home, and stretching his long legs
out in a new area has settled the mad puppy considerably. Now I'm back at
work, and he's flopped down by the fan.  Whew.

Tracy