[nagdu] Update

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Wed Oct 28 13:32:33 UTC 2015

Mardi,
I am so sorry to hear about Maximus... I've had a senile dog before. She started to urinate and deficate on the floor frequently, so I bought her some doggie diapers. She was still mentally stable and happy, but just couldn't control her bodily functions as well and would have accidents. The diapers were a life saver! We put her down when she started to be in pain, it was very hard.  She would often stand and act like she didn't know what she was doing. I've noticed that my 8 year old retired guide, Pascal does that too at times. I wonder if that's normal for older dogs?
It's a shame that Shulamith isn't going to make it as a guide dog. I really admire you for training your own dogs, I know it's a tough job! Best of luck in finding the perfect dog for you.
Deanna and Mambo