[nagdu] Guide dogs and haunted houses

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:28:24 UTC 2015

I haven't been to a haunted house with my dog, but he's had a lot of
experience with strange and/or loud noises and has had his fair share
of unusual situations so I don't think it would be a problem. I think
this is a situation that really depends on the personality of the dog.
Thai is a very curious, go-with-the-flow kind of dog. He's more likely
to want to look at or sniff something unusual rather than be scared of
it and recovers quickly when startled. He tends to become a bit
excited by running people or people on his level, but nothing too
extreme. I would definitely work him through a haunted house, because
his reactions are usually more moderate when he knows he's supposed to
be professional. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I really think
this is a situation in which you must know your own dog's
capabilities.

Danielle and Thai