[nagdu] A problem picking up after my dog.

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Sat Oct 31 21:10:09 UTC 2015

Shaniqua,

Hi. When I take my dog out to go, I have my cane, so I put it down with
the tip pointing at where the poop is most likely to be. If I don't have
the cane, I point a foot at where I think it will be and try to remember
not to move my foot while I'm fussing to open a bag. Most of the time
that gets me pretty close, though I may have to search a bit. My retired
guide was a traveling pooper, but she had a definite pattern, so if I
found the first railroad car, I could follow it to the others. My guide
in training just stops and drops, and he doesn't do a big dance
beforehand, so I don't always mark the spot in time and have to search.
Sigh.

Mostly it just takes practice, and learning your dog's signals and habits.

hth,

Tami