[nagdu] Guide dog mom guilt!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 2 16:15:43 UTC 2015

Hi...
I am the worst guide dog parent EVER! Or perhaps the worst communicator...

Last year, I switched Jenny off of Purina ProPlan chicken and rice because she was reacting to something in it.  I put her on Petcurean Go! Fit+Free, a grain-free, multi-protein source kibble that she did great on!  Somehow, back in February/March, it came across to my husband that I wanted him to pick up Petcurean's Daily Defense Chicken formula; this contains both white and brown rice, and oatmeal.
Since then, Jenny's been eating the Daily Defense... and this has almost perfectly coincided with Jenny's itching, scratching, ear problems (and, by extension, most of her barking issues).  She's been off it for less than two months, and her ears are cleaning up nicely, she's scratching less, and barking less... and her feet don't stink!
I never would've known this if I hadn't called the pet store and asked if we could return a nearly full bag...
I don't know if I should be relieved that I've figured this out, or horrified at my negligence... or concerned because I am unsure if she has seasonal allergies on top of food sensitivities...

Gaaaaaaah!

Daryl