[nagdu] retired guide dogs

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Wed Sep 2 16:49:38 UTC 2015

Hi Gary,
I live in an apartment, so when I do have both dogs I take them out separately. If I go for a walk, I also take them separately, using my cane with the retired dog. I've heard of people who can retrain their retired dog to walk on the right side, but Pascal is so stubborn and I can't get him to do this. It's also confusing when you do obedience with both dogs, since they both will try to heel at your left side...
The biggest issue with living in an apartment is that you have to make sure it's ok with your landlord to keep your retired guide.
Deanna and Mambo