[nagdu] freeze-dried dog foods

Danielle Cyclorama dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:33:42 UTC 2015

I have fed Grandma Lucy's solely or in combination with kibble to my guide and pet dog for just over a year. I think it is an excellent food for the price and both dogs have been very healthy on it. My pet dog has been allergy free since we switched her diet and my guide has had a noticible decrease in stool volume with better consistency.

Do you know how many calories is in your dog's current food per cup? I know the calories are given for each cup of Grandma Lucy's on their website. If you know both pieces of information, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out. Simply divide the number of calories she is eating by the number of calories in each cup of Grandma Lucy's. It will probably be close to two cups, maybe slightly less since this brand is more calorie dense than most kibble.

I considered feeding my dog raw, but I really don't have the refrigerator/freezer space in a dorm. I also do not personally enjoy handling raw meat. That being said, I could not bring myself to continue to feed my dog the food he was eating after reading the ingredients list. I decided to feed freeze-dried as about 2/3 of his diet and the remainder Great Life kibble. I would ideally like to feed all freeze-dried but it can get a bit expensive with a very active 74 pound dog.

You may want to make the switch over a several day period.  If your dog seems sensative to food changes, making the switch over a week or so should give her adequate time to adjust. I'm not sure if it will make a difference to your pup's breath, but I really don't think it will be worse.  Perhaps she needs more opportunities to chew, if that is something she is interested in.

Danielle and Thai
Sent from my iPhone