[nagdu] Doggie seat belts

Nancy Irwin vandyvanderbrink at outlook.com
Thu Sep 10 19:20:22 UTC 2015

Hi Raven,
I do, use a "doggie seatbelt" this one I really like, it is a clip that goes
around the back strap on his harness and the other end clips into a
seatbelt.  I use it most often in my work vehicle, we interstate travel
regularly and there are idiots on the roads, at least here in SC anyway.  I
got a back seat cover and my state car stays all nice and hair-free.  I also
use this strap on the paratransit van because poor Doc slides around all the
time and if the seat I'm sitting in is the long one with two seatbelts, Doc
gets one.  I do not know its rating as far as crash tests go however.  I got
it from PetSmart and the vet helped me find it, so I figure she looked at
those things however I don't know the name of it, I'll ask my driver on
Monday if it has a name on it somewhere.
I would put Doc in the front seat but I'm typically working while on the
road so I've got my bag or a braille book to read on my lap, besides, as
long as I keep the seatbelt short enough to allow him to sit up I figure
he'll be safe.
I've tried putting Doc on the floor in the back, sometimes the people, like
my husband are too tall to do this or like you, the car is cluttered,
ironically our state car can be cluttered like that as well.  Poor Doc
fidgeted and wiggled and just looked generally uncomfortable, but he did it.
Is it something I'll do again, probably only when I have the space which
isn't very often for us.
But to each his own I guess.
Nancy & Doc