[nagdu] Seeing eye thought processes and challenges questions

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:06:58 UTC 2015

What testing does The Seeing Eye do? Is this something new?
For me one important thought process I had in deciding to have a dog was the ask myself why. In my case, it was because I had trouble with my hand and it would be easier on it than using a cane. I did not consider adequately, I think, how I was going to feel about the continued question of the loving public about my dog--its age, its gender, its breed, the talk about how wonderful that I can et out now. The constant "doggie, doggie, doggie!" thing that you get with kids, or people interrupting my meals and conversations to either show their kids the dog, the child's temper tantrums when I I said "no." Not sure I was totally prepared for it, and I believe I might well have thought it through more. There is some wonderful companionship that the dog provides; I felt this sometimes especially at seminary, but I didn't think it should be a totally overriding factor. I did know that I would often walk straighter, but I am not sure that I would count on the dog always taking me exactly where I would want to go, so I knew I needed to have good mobility skills, including the ability to reason out situations I might be in.
I doubt this is terribly helpful, but I'm not completely sure what you want. It will be interesting to read other folks' thoughts.
Cindy Lou Ray
cindyray at gmail.com