[nagdu] for John Sanders: Re: Seeing eye thought processes and challenges questions

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 30 04:08:06 UTC 2015

Dear John S,
When it comes to having any type of working dog whether they are a guide dog, mobility assistance dog excetera, there's always going to be challenges.
Yes, people such as kids including adults are going to want to interact with your four-leggged furry partner and I, myself, do find that annoying after a while.
However, there are ways of dealing with it and the toughest thing I've had to work on is not being nasty toward people, especially if you get individuals who just keep pushing.
As for kids throwing temper tantrums, I Just have to go about my way and ignore it.
If I can offer a suggestion for you?
Why not have your friend check out the materials on all the guide dog schools' web sites and he'she will be able to have some more explanation and understanding.
I usually recommend lots of people to go that route.
Just some thoughts for sharing.
As Viviana pointed out, having a companion pet dog would be a great idea, but know that companion pets are not granted the same access as much as service dogs.
*Smiles*
Bibi and MAR son Odie