[NAGDU] NEW PUPPY!

Abby Bolling violingirl30794 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:21:47 UTC 2016

Hi all!

So big news! my roommate, Maya,  just bought a charcoal labrador who is
just 17 weeks old for me to train to be her PTSD service dog!
Elianna was house broken in about three days, with the occasional "I
just got too excited and forgot!" accidents.
Cricket is not sure what to do with this little jumping puppy. Elianna
we suspect was taken from her mother too early, so she keeps trying to
nurse from Cricket. Cricket has no idea how to handle this. The puppies
like to play fight, but cricket puts her in her place, often. And when
Cricket is tired of Ellie's shananagins, Cricket will sit on Ellie's head!

So far, ellie knows Sit, Down and Touch. and she knows where her cage
(House) is. and we got her a week ago today! :)
I have started public access training her, and she is doing very well on
campus. She has a red vest that she wears in public and she is very well
behaved (other than the pulling on the leash.) She is very easy to control.
She wears the GL sometimes, but she doesn't really like it.

But that's the puppy news!

Abby Cricket and Elianna

--
Abigail M. Bolling
Wright State University-2018: Rehabilitation Services
Email: bolling.8 at wright.edu
Abilities United: Secretary
Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users, a chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio: Secretary
"keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart, and just let the music play." (Julie Anderson-Diamond)
"Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no one is listening, and live like it's Heaven on earth." (William Purkey)