[NAGDU] Using an accessible GPS while working your guide dog

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:03:03 UTC 2016

I use several things.
I use the apple maps app and get directions via haptic feedback on my applewatch.  I am Deafblind and do not like carrying around my braille display when I walk because it's rescipe for disaster.  So I set up a route with the display and the phone, put them both in my bag after starting it and the watch tells me when to turn via haptics.
When I take pubtrans, like the bus, I use iMove which is free,  and which will tell you where you are— the block number of the street, intersections etc. This way I can keep track and not have to rely upon the bus driver who may, or may not, remember my stop.
 I don't use GPS unless I'm doing route planning and need point to point directions or unless I'm on pubtrans.  If I'm doing 95% of my walking, I know where I am/ where I need to go because it's places I go to often or places I can figure out with brain power and my dog.

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone