[NAGDU] Taking really long walks

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Apr 15 21:25:17 UTC 2016

I think a lot depends on where you are and where you are doing the walking.
According to GPS and a pedometer ap I walk just over 3 mph.  Pre foot drama
I was walking much closer to 4 mph.  Anyway my favorite loop that I walk for
exercise is 2.5 miles long and it takes about 55 minutes.  So there is very
little street crossing and obstacle time in there.  It's quiet, mostly
residential and a good stretch doesn't have through streets, so it's
sidewalk for a long ways with nothing to worry about.  We get up to a good
pace on that stretch.

There's no way I'd make that kind of time if we had to dodge kids, cars, and
random obstacles.  I don't think I'd want to try it to find out.  I've never
used the GPS and pedometer to clock my walking speed when I go downtown.  It
might be interesting to do sometime.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC